Trobriand was a wizard and former student of Halaster who lived in Undermountain. He specialized in magical metal creations, and whenever one of his creations failed, he used Trobriand's wand of rejection to send it to Trobriand's Graveyard. He thought of his creations as being superior to other creatures.
Trobriand was most renowned for Trobriand's Graveyard, which was an area of Undermountain he originally used to discard his broken or failed creations. He noticed that some of the creations he had discarded showed signs of activity, and began to monitor them. They eventually created a society of their own, and Trobriand was careful to provide them with everything they needed to survive.
Trobriand was tall and very thin. He had long grey hair and was clean-shaven. He appeared to be frail but despite this, his magic kept his physical condition good.
Around 1380 DR Trobriand together with Muiral created on the upper levels of the dungeon an arcane academy gathering a group of spellcasters called the Halaster's Heirs. After Halaster's death in 1375 DR Trobriand planned to seize total control of the dungeon but before he could acted in 1385 DR the Spellplague hit. Afterward Trobriand disappeared.
Trobriand shunned humanity and other living beings in favor of his creations, which he saw as superior. He met with and fought adventurers in Undermountain in his past, but this only caused him to become more paranoid and anti-social. He had limited trust of Halaster.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Christopher Perkins (November 2018). Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage. Edited by Jeremy Crawford. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 294–295. ISBN 978-0-7869-6626-4.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (June 2005). City of Splendors: Waterdeep. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 28–29. ISBN 0-7869-3693-2.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Ed Greenwood, Christopher Lindsay, Sean K. Reynolds (June 2007). Expedition to Undermountain. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 47. ISBN 978-0-7869-4157-5.
- ↑ Jean Rabe, Norm Ritchie (Feburary 1994). The Ruins of Undermountain II: The Deep Levels (Campaign Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 46. ISBN 1-5607-6821-5.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Jean Rabe, Norm Ritchie (Feburary 1994). The Ruins of Undermountain II: The Deep Levels (Campaign Guide). (TSR, Inc), p. 47. ISBN 1-5607-6821-5.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd, Ed Greenwood, Christopher Lindsay, Sean K. Reynolds (June 2007). Expedition to Undermountain. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 13. ISBN 978-0-7869-4157-5.
- ↑ Template:Cite dungeon/201/Trobriand's Machinations
|This Realmslore article about an individual is a stub. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by expanding it.|