The Tyranny of Dragons was a Dungeons & Dragons storyline that began in August 2014. A number of Dungeons & Dragons adventures were published under the Tyranny of Dragons storyline. The storyline also extended to the fourth and fifth Neverwinter modules, Tyranny of Dragons and Rise of Tiamat.
The Wizards of the Coast provided the following introduction to the Tyranny of Dragons:
|“||For years, the evil Cult of the Dragon has devoted itself to creating undead dragons in a vain attempt to fulfill an ancient prophecy. However, the cultists were misguided. They misunderstood. But now, under new leadership, the cult believes that the prophecy does not speak of undead dragons, but of a dragon empire that's been extinct for 25,000 years. Tiamat, the queen of evil dragons, has languished in the Nine Hells for millennia. The cult believes that the time of her return is at hand.
The cult has a new face and a new mission. It seeks to free Tiamat from the Nine Hells and bring her into the Forgotten Realms. To accomplish its goal, the cult needs five ancient dragon masks and the support of evil dragons everywhere. The cult leaders—each one a "dragon whisperer"—have reached out to the evil dragons of the Sword Coast and earned their allegiance.
Meanwhile, evil dragons in partnership with the cult seek to amass a treasure hoard worthy of their dark queen, not by plundering their own hoards (of course) but by stealing money from cities, caravans, good-aligned dragons, merchant ships, and other sources. Their ravenous hunt for treasure throws the Sword Coast into upheaval. Neverwinter, Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate—no city is safe from their depredations.
The situation is dire. However, the Sword Coast is far from defenseless. Powerful factions are ready to rise up and put an end to the tyranny of dragons. Adventurers throughout the Realms must join forces to face Tiamat, destroy the Cult of the Dragon, and prevent the rise of a new dragon empire. The Harpers have since shared their intelligence with the remaining factions. To combat the Cult of the Dragon, Lord Dagult Neverember of Neverwinter proposes that adventurers representing each of the five factions be sent north to investigate—and to report back with haste.In their hands, the future lies.
|— Tyranny of Dragons storyline|
Tyranny of Dragons productsEdit
- Neverwinter: Tyranny of Dragons (expansion for Neverwinter)
- Neverwinter: Rise of Tiamat (expansion for Neverwinter)
- Adventurers League
- DDEX1-1: Defiance in Phlan
- DDEX1-2: Secrets of Sokol Keep
- DDEX1-3: Shadows over the Moonsea
- DDEX1-4: Dues for the Dead
- DDEX1-5: The Courting of Fire
- DDEX1-6: The Scroll Thief
- DDEX1-7: Drums in the Marsh
- DDEX1-8: Tales Trees Tell
- DDEX1-9: Outlaws of the Iron Route
- DDEX1-10: Tyranny in Phlan
- DDEX1-11: Dark Pyramid of Sorcerer's Isle
- DDEX1-12: Raiders of the Twilight Marsh
- DDEX1-13: Pool of Radiance Resurgent
- DDEX1-14: Escape from Phlan
- DDEP1-1: Corruption in Kryptgarden
- Tyranny of Dragons (comic)
- ↑ Rise Up or Bow Down. Dungeons & Dragons. (2014-8-14). Retrieved on 2015-07-13.
- ↑ Tyranny of Dragons Adventures. D&D Adventurere's League. Retrieved on 2015-07-13.
- ↑ Tyranny of Dragons. Neverwinter Gamepedia. Retrieved on 2015-07-13.
- ↑ Rise of Tiamat. Neverwinter Gamepedia. Retrieved on 2015-12-05.
- ↑ Tyranny of Dragons. Wizards.com. Retrieved on 2015-08-27.