Unearthed Arcana is an accessory for the 3.5th-edition of Dungeons & Dragons® ruleset.
This all-new sourcebook provides D&D players and Dungeon Masters with a wide choice of variant rules for alternate roleplaying in a D&D campaign. Designed to expand the options available for customizing gameplay, these variant rules are modular and can be imported into any campaign in any amount desired. Examples of variant rules include playing core classes as prestige classes and alternate damage systems. Brand-new rules include a new system of metamagic feats and a new spell system.
- Chapter 1: Races
- Chapter 2: Classes
- Chapter 3: Building Characters
- Chapter 4: Adventuring
- Chapter 5: Magic
- Chapter 6: Campaigns
- Afterword: When Worlds Collide
- Variant Checklist
Unearthed Arcana was designed for experienced players and DMs looking for something new, encouraging them to customize the game's rules. Unearthed Arcana was aimed at providing an extensive list of variant rules and options to change the standard game itself.
- Designer: Andy Collins, Jesse Decker, David Noonan, Rich Redman
- Additional Design: Andrew Finch, Steve Kenson, Charles Ryan, Bill Slavicsek, Ed Stark, Jonathan Tweet, JD Wiker, James Wyatt
- Editors: Michele Carter, Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel, Charles Ryan
- Managing Editor: Kim Mohan
- Design Manager: Ed Stark
- Director of RPG R&D: Bill Slavicsek
- Image Technician: Jay Sakamoto
- Production Manager: Josh Fischer
- Art Director: Dawn Murin
- Cover Artist: Matt Cavotta
- Interior Artists: Steven Belledin, Ed Cox, Wayne England, Emily Fiegenschuh, David Hudnut, Jeremy Jarvis, Doug Kovacs, John and Laura Lakey, David Martin, Dennis Crabapple McClain, Mark Nelson, James Pavelec, Steve Prescott, David Roach, Richard Sardinha, Ron Spencer, Stephen Tappin, Joel Thomas, Ben Thompson
- Graphic Designer: Dawn Murin
- Graphic Production Specialist: Erin Dorries
- Cartographer: Todd Gamble
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the following links do not necessarily represent the views of the editors of this wiki, nor does any lore presented necessarily adhere to established canon.
- Unearthed Arcana Art Gallery. Wizards of the Coast. (2004-02-13). Archived from the original on 2008-09-30. Retrieved on 2021-12-29.
- Andy Collins (2004-06-02). Variant Rule Checklist (Zipped PDF). Web Enhancement for Unearthed Arcana. Wizards of the Coast. Archived from the original on 2020-01-05. Retrieved on 2021-10-30.
- Excerpts: Unearthed Arcana (HTML). Excerpts Archive. Wizards of the Coast. (2004-02-06). Archived from the original on 2016-11-01. Retrieved on 2021-12-29.
- Unearthed Arcana (HTML). Product Spotlight. Wizards of the Coast. (2004-02-07). Archived from the original on 2007-12-21. Retrieved on 2021-12-29.
- Unearthed Arcana at Wizards.com
- Dungeon Masters Guild product page
|3rd and 3.5 edition|
|Arms and Equipment Guide | Complete Adventurer | Complete Arcane | Complete Champion | Complete Divine | Complete Mage | Complete Psionic | Complete Warrior | Defenders of the Faith | Draconomicon | Epic Level Handbook | Expanded Psionics Handbook | Manual of the Planes | Masters of the Wild | Oriental Adventures | Psionics Handbook | Savage Species | Spell Compendium | Stormwrack | Unearthed Arcana|