- 1 About the Scribe
- 2 Activity
- 3 Projects
- 4 More to do ideas
- 4.1 Missing spells used by Al-Qadim wizards
- 4.2 Missing universal spells (according to Spells & Magic)
- 4.3 Missing elemental air spells
- 4.4 Missing elemental earth spells
- 4.5 Missing elemental fire spells
- 4.6 Missing elemental water spells
- 4.7 Missing elemental wood (wu jen) spells
- 4.8 Missing dimension spells
- 4.9 Missing chronomancy spells
- 4.10 Missing shadow magic spells
- 4.11 Missing artifice spells
- 4.12 Missing school of song spells
- 4.13 Missing wild magic spells (according to Spells & Magic)
- 4.14 Missing incantation spells
- 4.15 Missing southern magic spells
- 4.16 Missing arcanist spells
- 4.17 Missing spells that changed name from 2nd to 3rd edition
- 5 Useful tools
About the Scribe
As a servant of Deneir, Daranios has seen and worked in various repositories of knowledge, but was impressed by the size and organization of the great library called the Forgotten Realms Wiki and decided to stay. As many things Faerûnian were already well in order (though never in this world is a scribe's work done), he started to work on the treatment of the exotic continent of Zakhara which he knew and valued from his adventuring career, and sometimes also other areas on the fringes, like Realmspace and the Great Wheel of the planes. On the other hand, he knows very little about the repercussions of the world-shattering Spellplague.
Delving into Zakharan provinces of magic led him to more alternative systems of magic and the history of Netherese spell invention. He sees more tasks worthy of attention all the time, but caring for his small flock and sometime adventuring keep his scribing at a slow pace.
Though Daranios takes pride in his new creations, he is also often dealing with small-scale matters and sometimes thinks some gnomish blood runs through his veins.
At the moment I am also active at the Dungeon and Dragon Wiki's Canon Section, as there are much fewer contributors there than here. Anyone who would like to join the effort about covering core elements and other campaign settings there will be very welcome!
As Moviesign says, note that nothing is ever completely finished...
- Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons, Demihuman Deities, Monster Mythology - done!
- Legends & Lore (2nd edition): Eagle, Hecate, Hephaestus, Poseidon, Agni, Kali, Yama, Ptah, Shu, Re, Tefnut, Amaterasu, Thrym, Surtr - done!
- Lost Empires of Faerûn - done!
- Minor Seldarine: Dragon magazine 155 - done! Dragon magazine 236 - done! Dragon magazine 251: not started
- Faiths and Pantheons Done up to (including): Arvoreen
- Others, 1st edition? including Forgotten Realms Campaign Set, Manual of the Planes 1st edition, Deities & Demigods 1st edition (Non-human deities), Serpent Kingdoms, Player's Guide to Faerûn, ..., Category:Inhabitants of the World Axis planes - not started
- Alternative systems of magic: Create articles + mention within magic for 2nd edition's alternative schools of magic; add schools + categories to spell articles; list missing spells - done!
- Zakharan Provinces of magic: Flame • Sand • Sea • Wind • Universal - done!
- Schools of effect: Air • Earth • Fire • Water • Dimension • Incantation • Shadow - done! Elements: Wu jen elements in 1st to 3rd edition? Remove "(2e)" from categories?
- Schools of thaumaturgy: Artifice • Song • Wild magic - done!
- Netherese Fields of Mythal: Inventive • Mentalism • Variation - done!
- Others: Chronomancy • Southern magic • Hishna • Pluma - done!
- Spell Invention Project: Teaming up with Lhynard and Sirwhiteout - Existing spells done!, years done!, missing spells On hold
- Zakharan Dragons: Articles (and Dungeon and Polyhedron) added to Al-Qadim; created Dragon magazine articles which have Al-Qadim content (to #250); created articles for Al-Qadim content inside other articles - done!
- Complete Zakharan pantheon - done! (except possibly Fate)
- Create links to articles from the German Faerûnpedia - done! as of April 6th, 2008
- Establish relationship between Forgotten Realms Wiki and Dungeon and Dragon Wiki done!
More to do ideas
...given enough time. Help appreciated, of course.
- Organize Category:Locations in Zakhara according to Category:Locations by government - mostly done, checked until Al-Zalim
- Expand Location-template of cities in Zakhara according to Qudra
- Specify Category:Sourcebooks according to edition
- Check if there is enough information to create articles about Celestial Empire (then check links in Caves of a Thousand Gods)
- Create "wanted" Al-Qadim articles (see especially Category:Inhabitants of Zakhara)
- "Exports" categories for Al-Qadim locations - see Qadib
- Forgotten Realms year(s) for sourcebook articles? See Help talk:Use specific dates, Talk:Al-Qadim and Forgotten Realms Campaign Set, etc.
Expand Portal:Geography/Quick links by Zakhara?- Done.
- Kara-Tur currency into Currency?
- Care about Para- and Quasielemental Planes - compare Paraelemental Plane of Ooze; expand Inner Planes/compare Elemental Planes - done!
- Clean up articles from Monstrous Compendium Al-Qadim Appendix where it is still necessary
- Categorize uncategorized pages
- Maybe I can find some sources for Category:Articles lacking sources, e,g, Skerrit, Gaping Maw
- And then there are Category:Articles in need of citations, though not much hope I can do much there
- See Category talk:Planes of existence
- Heliopolis: Check Planes of Law details; expand into Arcadia#Realms
- Expand upon Category:Creatures found in the Elemental Plane of Fire, etc.
- See Talk:Mamluk
- Zakharan giant: Extra article (?), a description sentence each in Giant and include info from Giantcraft p. 6 in articles
- Result of Category talk:Priests by deity?
- Add links to AD&D Trading Cards
- Add Specializations of Netheril
- Spell history: Rarity from Forgotten Realms Adventures and Zakhara (Arabian Adventures vs. Complete Sha'ir's) - compare Reincarnate
- Portal:Classes/Character Kits: Reordering?; Demihumans of the Realms missing
- Create articles for Al-Qadim rivers deleted on 3rd of July 2016, compare User talk:Lhynard
- Checking links to Zakhara if they should point to a specific region, after regions are done (e.g. Al-Yabki Mountains)
- Expand East Zakhara
- Add Zakharan info about coffee
- For Iram, City of Lofty Pillars, from Dragon magazine 201, compare Wikipedia:Iram of the Pillars
- Add to Category:Glossary, if it stays established
- More Category:Books by location: Maztica (Malatra,...)
- Add new diet/activity fields for Al-Qadim creatures
- Zakharan pantheon section into Deity
- Write a (necessarily vaguely dated) history of Zakhara (compare Koryo#History/Forum:Abeir timeline), and add what's possible of Zakharan events into the Roll of Years
- Clarify/reintroduce deleted redirect Rarandreth, when Offalmound is created
- Divine realms which should warrant their own article (+ adding 3rd edition info from Player's Guide to Faerûn?): Azuth (realm) (Planes of Law) Bone Castle/Crystal Spire (Jergal, Myrkul, Cyric, Kelemvor), the Great Funnel (Akadi), Great Mother's Garden (Chauntea, Planes of Conflict), Wonderhome (Gond, compare Player's Guide to Faerûn), Seelie Court (Titania & more, see also Planes of Conflict)/Unseelie Court (Queen of Air and Darkness, compare Monster Mythology pp. 117-118, 125), Battle Garde (Garagos, 2E + 3E info, +Netheril), Crimson Pillar (Kossuth), Ondtland (Loviatar), House of Knowledge (plane) (Oghma, can be expanded), Deep Wood/Summer Oak (Silvanus, On Hallowed Ground) Knight's Rest (Tempus, On Hallowed Ground, nothing in Planes of Chaos, compare Warrior's Rest), Asgard (the realm, not the layer; Tyr), Marketplace Eternal (Waukeen), Merratet (Sharess/Bast, Planes of Chaos), Viper Pit (Sseth: Does Mershaulk info about Smaragd apply?), Ankhwugaht (Set, Manual of the Planes 1st edition, p. 111, On Hallowed Ground, Planes of Law)
- Blood Wars: Add link
- If favored weapon should be introduced for 1st/2nd edition deities: Implement for Hajama, Haku, Kor, Sseth, Najm, Nomog-Geaya, Gaknulak, Kuraulyek, were there more?
- Some inclusion of German sources? Does the Kampagnenset bring new information?
- Geometry and Force magic: Add schools and/or discuss?
- List creatures with magic resistance
- Missing deities (at least mentionend in Realms sources): Eshebala, Americanindian pantheon, Master of the Hunt, Yen-Wang-Yeh, Indra, Garuda, further Vedic pantheon
- Dead deities not confirmed on the Astral Plane: Azharul
- Add Elves of Evermeet as original source to the Elven High Magic spells added by Artemaz
- Add importance of Shajar to Nogaro River
- Akota on Template:Toril?
- Add minor locations from On Hallowed Ground map/Planes of Chaos to Arvandor
- Weredragon (lycanthrope) from Old Empires etc. distinct from Weredragon
- Add Dragon magazine 206 information to half-dragon
- Pholg-crawler is a MC7 monster with reference to Toril in description
- Aerbrynis and Cerilia connection: See Sera and Dragon magazine 245, p. 71.
- Add movement and intelligence to Al-Qadim monsters and others
Missing spells used by Al-Qadim wizards
Arabian Adventures: p. 152: 1st-level: Taunt 2nd-level: Forget 3rd-level: Delude 4th-level: Massmorph, polymorph other, rainbow pattern, vacancy • fire charm p. 153: 5th-level: Advanced illusion, avoidance • airy water 6th-level: Enchant an item • glassee 8th-level: Glassteel (spell)
The Complete Sha'ir's Handbook, p. 124: 1st level: Conjure spell component, (Hornung's) guess, (Murdock's) feathery flyer, patternweave • fire burst • metamorphose liquids • lasting breath 2nd level: (Hornung's) baleful deflector, (Leomund's) trap, (Nahal's) nonsensical nullifier, past life, protection from paralysis, protection from cantrips, spectral hand • insatiable thirst • ride the wind 3rd level: Alacrity, Alamir's fundamental, alternate reality, augmentation I, breakdown, far reaching I, fool's speech, hold undead p. 125: (Lorloveim's) creeping shadow, minor malison, wizard sight • fireflow (spell) • (Maximilian's) stony grasp • watery double 4th-level: Dilation I, divination enhancement, far reaching II, mask of death, summon lycanthrope, there/not there, thunder staff • turn pebble to boulder 5th-level: Distance distortion, far reaching III, (Khazid's) procurement, Leomund's lamentable belaborment, magic staff, safeguarding, (Von Gasik's) refusal, vortex • waveform p. 126: 6th-level: Augmentation II, (Bloodstone's) spectral steed, demi-shadow magic, dilation, (Lorloveim's) shadow transformation, monster summoning IV, wildshield, wildstrike • Forest's fiery constrictor 7th-level: (Bloodstone's) frightful joining, charm plants, hatch the stone from the egg, intensify summoning, monster summoning V, shadowcat, spell shape, steal enchantement • (Malec-Keth's) flame fist 8th-level: Binding, (Gunther's) kaleidoscopic strike, homunculus shield, (Hornung's) random dispatcher, (Otiluke's) telekinetic sphere, wildzone • airboat 9th-level: Monster summoning VII, stabilize • estate transference, wildfire (spell) • glorious transmutation • wildwind
Missing universal spells (according to Spells & Magic)
Protection from cantrips • enchant an item
Missing elemental air spells
Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four: Murdock's Feathery Flyer, Otiluke's bubbling buoyancy, filter, zephyr, Odeen's magic cloud, airbolt, eagle vision, ground fog, improved whispering wind, hover, elemental control, protection from elementals, 10' radius, wind breath, ozone cloud, evaporate fluid, conjure greater elemental, summon wind, cyclone chariot, airball, air spiral, windwar
Missing elemental earth spells
Spells & Magic: Alamir's fundamental breakdown, Maximilian's stony grasp, conjure elemental-kin, turn pebble to boulder/turn boulder to pebble, distance distortion, glassee, hatch the stone from the egg, glassteel (spell)
Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four: Pit, stone sleep, stoneiron, elemental control, protection from elementals, 10' radius, repulse metal, Ballant's stonestrength, stone drill, Ballant's stonesplit, conjure greater elemental
Missing elemental fire spells
Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four: Smokescreen, rainfire, enchanted torch, Mellix's fire mouth, protection from fire (alternate version), fire phantom, searing serpent, Zikalan fireform, elemental control, protection from elementals, 10' radius, fire aura, fire wake, sustain fire, Fallion's fabulous fireball, fire eyes, conjure greater elemental, incendiary entrapment, shooting stars, Avissar's flaming weapon
Missing elemental water spells
Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four: Feather float, lasting breath, liquid orb, precipitation, Zala's icejacket, shark bolt, whispering tide, airbolt, ground fog, steam blast, control fluid, elemental control, protection from elementals, 10' radius, Otiluke's polar screen, water bomb,conjure greater elemental, deep delve, power word, liquify
Missing dimension spells
Dragon magazine 229: Demi-shadow magic, binding, Khazid's procurement, Lorloveim's shadowy transformation, estate transference, shadow form, dolor (spell), torment truename, liquid orb, shark bolt, stone sleep, searing serpent, steam blast, stone drill, flame chase, airball, deep delve, power word, liquefy, wind war, mask light, ethereal walk
Spells & Magic: Detect phase, displace self, distance distortion, dimensional blade
Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four: Warp sense, cache, Random's commodious pocket, phase shift, Drawmij's instant exit, Otiluke's radiant screen, question ball, Otiluke's diamond screen, Otiluke's excruciating screen, Alvira's stasis shell, Murlynd's void, teleport other, wall with no doors, planar door, Otiluke's death screen, translocation shift, mass teleport without error, Prismal's wormhole, teleport block, transport, estate transference, Tymessull's cerulean traverse
Missing chronomancy spells
Chronomancer: Delay image, detect temporal anomaly, lasting breath, slow metabolism, precognitive sense • accelerate plant growth, alacrity, alternate reality, life sounding, preserve, timeslip • Articus's melee manager, life tether, minor paradox, time snare • prophecy, temporal push, timeheal, Wesley's temporal disjunction • accelerate animal growth, Articus's devolutionary warrior, create slipgate, temporal wall • conceal temporal anomaly, magic manager, paradox, temporal eye, Wesley's delayed damage • accelerate lifeline, item supercharger, time reaver (timereaver - WSC) • major paradox, sever lifeline, temporal shell (not all may be Realms relevant, but compare Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril) p. 13)
Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four: Slowspell • slowspell, 10' radius • accelerate metabolism • timed stasis, sands of time, Prismal's reversal • protection from time, afterclap
Missing shadow magic spells
Spells & Magic: Spectral hand, wall of gloom, Lorloveim's creeping shadow, blackmantle, Bloodstone's spectral steed, demishadow magic, Lorloveim's shadowy transformation, shadowcat, shadowform
Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four: Moonglow, blacksteel, tunnel vision, dancing shadows, shadow burst, darkning bolt, paralyzation, shadow blink, shadow cloak, create darkness, darksense, mailed might, shadow bolt, whisper blade, Argaster's cloak of shadows, shadow skeleton, conjure nightmare, shadow head, shadow play, Zala's deception, shadow speak, mass blindness, create shade (Necromancy) (not create shade)
Missing artifice spells
Spells & Magic: Leomund's trap, moon rune, bone club, snapping teeth, thunder staff, magic staff, arrow of bone, dimensional blade, steal enchantment, analyze dweomer
Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four: Farseer, protective amulet, sharpen, Otto's chime of release, compass, Odeen's magic tailor, unpickable lock, charge, Odeen's sounding stick, speed, farspeaker, unmask, Drenal's amok needles, Haelyn's bow, mystic rope, duplicate, electrical wards, Rastor's mystic spy, special effects, vision stone, Drawmij's tool box, Otto's drums of despair, Otto's tin soldiers, Tenser's staff of smiting, lapse, Odeen's impenetrable lock, Prismal's handy mirror, Prismal's pictograph, Drawmij's flying feat, motion, Otto's gong of isolation, question ball, glassee, recharge, Otiluke's orb of containment, spell mirror, capacitor, watchware, 30' radius, summon wind, hold golem, Otiluke's siege sphere, Janga's jewel, rebinding, Glassteel (spell), life force transfer, Avissar's flaming weapon, rising colossus, statue form, skycastle, Tymessull's cerulean traverse
Missing school of song spells
Spells & Magic: Taunt, forget, fireflow (spell), lesser geas, summon lycanthrope, Leomund's lamentable belaborment, monster summoning IV, charm plants, monster summoning V, spell shape, binding, monster summoning VII
Wizard's Spell Compendium Volume Four: Soothe the beast, Drawmij's light step, Otto's chime of release, nature call, pacify (witch) (not pacify), Drawmij's swift mount, Otto's soothing vibrations, Otto's tones of forgetfulness, echoes, mimicry, comfort, improved whispering wind, Otto's crystal rythms, Otto's sure-footed shuffle, calm (wizard) (not calm), Otto's drums of despair, Otto's silver tongue, Otto's tonal attack, Otto's warding tones, Otto's gong of isolation, brightsong, prepare enchantment, True name (spell), Lullaby (spell)
Missing wild magic spells (according to Spells & Magic)
Hornung's guess • patternweave • Hornung's baneful deflector • Nahal's nonsensical nullifier • alternate reality • fireflow (spell) • fool's speech • there/not there • vortex • waveform • wildshield • wildstrike • spell shape • Hornung's random dispatcher • wildzone • stabilize • wildfire (spell) • wildwind
Missing incantation spells
Cult of the Dragon p. 125-126: Copy, Otto's chime of release, sense shifting Metamagic, alacrity Metamagic, augmentation I Metamagic, Drawmij's marvelous shield, far reaching I Metamagic, minor malison, dilation I Metamagic, far reaching II Metamagic, maladweomer, spelltouch Metamagic, far reaching III Metamagic, magic staff Metamagic, Rary's mind shield, augmentation II Metamagic, dilation II Metamagic, dispel possession, intensify summoning Metamagic, steal enchantment, Metamagic, stealspell, mystic shield, Allisandro's binding curse Metamagic, combine (arcane) Metamagic, disruption (spell), Sathrah's ingenious recollection Metamagic, unbinding
Missing southern magic spells
Old Empires: Target
Missing arcanist spells
(Inventors: p. 23: A - Mavin’s stone-flesh transmution, p. 24: Mavin’s stonewall - Undine's door, p. 25 Undine’s extra portal pocket - Z)
p. 121: Inventive Spells 2nd Jarm's Irritation/Irritation, Jarm's Spectral Hand/Spectral hand 5th Shan's Forcewall/Wall of Force, 6th Enchant an item, Lucke's 4th Monster Summons/Monster summoning IV, Shadow's Demimagic/Demishadow magic, 7th Lucke's 5th Monster Summons/Monster summoning V, 8th Proctiv's Steely Glass/Glassteel, Yang's Truss/Binding, 9th Lucke's 7th Monster Summons/Monster summoning VII, 10th Valdick's spheresail, 11th Mavin's worldweave/Worldweave
Mentalism 1st Dace's Taunting/Taunt p. 122: 2nd Keonid's Forgetfulness/Forget, Protection from cantras, 3rd Enollar's Delusion/Delude, Prug's Hold the Dead/Hold undead, 4th Fjord's Vacancy/Vacancy, Nalevac's Rainbow/Rainbow pattern, 5th Toscudlo's Advanced Illusion/Advanced illusion, Undine's Avoidance/Avoidance, 6th Enchant an item, Shadow's Demimagic/Demishadow magic, 7th Prug's Plant Control/Charm plant, 8th Kutson's Antipathy/Sympathy/Antipathy/Sympathy, Yong's Truss/Binding,
Variation p. 123: 3rd Enollar's Delusion/Delude, 4th: Fjord's Vacancy/Vacancy, Nalevac's Rainbow/Rainbow pattern, Nobrow's Charm/Fire charm, Quantoul's Manymorph/Massmorph, Quantoul's Othermorph/Polymorph other, 5th Fjord's Air Water/Airy Water, Fjord's Distortion/Distance distortion, Undine's Avoidance/Avoidance, 6th Aksa's Glassteel/Glassee, Enchant an Item, 8th Proctiv's Steely Glass/Glassteel
Missing spells that changed name from 2nd to 3rd edition
From Conversion Manual: Charm person or mammal -> Charm person or animal, Conjure elemental -> Summon monster V, Demi-shadow magic -> Greater shadow evocation, Hold undead -> Halt undead, Monster summoning IV -> Summon monster IV, Monster summoning V -> Summon monster V, Monster summoning VII -> Summon monster VII,