A cousin of Khelgar Ironfist, one of the heroes who fought alongside Kalir Patten in the War of Shadows, Dankil is a faenor, a cleric of Berronar Truesilver. Though he enjoys a good fight, Dankil is more restrained than his brawl-happy cousin, preferring to leave combat as a last resort. He is easily the oldest of the quartet of adventurers; Narra sees him as an uncle of sorts.
Dankil left Ironfist Stronghold early in 1321 DR after a disagreement with the clan leadership. For many years he wandered the Sword Coast North, doing what he could to help people. During the war with Luskan in 1355 DR, he worked for Neverwinter as a spy in the guise of a missionary.
He met Narra and Cora during their journey from Waterdeep, when the paladin and rogue took shelter from a thunderstorm in an abandoned barrow. The barrow turned out to be haunted by an undead knight, but the trio dispatched the revenant with relative ease. When Narra told him about their mission, he decided to tag along (if only to keep the still-green Narra out of trouble).
Dankil Ironfist is somewhat of a neat freak, and is always courteous; Cora's mischievous nature and Narra's occasional bull-headedness cause him no end of headaches.
Dankil is short, broad and bulky, just under 4½ feet tall, and built like a mountain with a face to match. He is bald, with a thick russet beard streaked with gray and arranged in five neat braids.
Recently Dankil has been delving into the lore of runic magics; his eventual goal is to learn the skill of runecasting.
- Dankil Ironfist: Male shield dwarf Cleric 5 of Berronar Truesilver; Medium natural humanoid (dwarf); HD 5d8+15; HP 41; Init +2; Spd 20ft; AC 18, touch 12, flat-footed 16; Base Atk +6; Grp +6; Atk +7 melee (1d10+1, x3, masterwork dwarven waraxe); SA Darkvision 60 ft, Lay on Hands 1/day, Spontaneous Casting (heal), turn undead x/day (+1, 2d6+1, 5th); SQ Aura of Good, Battle Training v. Giants, Battle Training v. Orcs and Goblinoids, Hardiness v. Poisons, Hardiness v. Spells, (heavy armor skill), Stability, Stonecunning, (+2 to Appraise/Craft w/ metal & stone); AL LG; SV Fort +7, Ref +3, Will +8; Str 17, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 13.
- Skills and Feats: Appraise 2, Balance -2, Bluff 1, Climb -1, Concentration 11, Diplomacy 1, Disguise 1, Escape Artist -2, Forgery 2, Gather Information 1, Heal 12, Hide -2, Intimidate 1, Jump -7, Knowledge (history) 10, Move Silently -2, Ride 2, Search 2, Spellcraft 10, Spot 4, Survival 4, Swim -5, Use Rope 2; Tireless, Weapon Focus (dwarven waraxe).
- Aura of Good (Ex): Dankil produces an aura of goodness of level 5th.
- Battle Training v. Giants: Dankil gains a +4 dodge bonus to armor class against monsters of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
- Battle Training v. Orcs & Goblinoids: Dankil gains a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs (including half-orcs) and goblinoids (including goblins, hobgoblins, and bugbears).
- Hardiness v. Poisons: Dankil has a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- Hardiness v. Spells: Dankil has a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects.
- Heavy Armor Familiarity: Dankil can move at 20 ft per round even while wearing heavy armor.
- Stability: Dankil gains a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull-rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- Stonecunning: Dankil gains a +2 racial bonus on Search checks involving stone. He can also make accurate estimates of his current depth underground.
- Stone and Metal Familiarity: Dankil gains a +2 racial bonus to Appraise and Craft checks involving metal and stone.
- Cleric Spells Prepared (caster level 5th): 0 - create water, guidance (2), resistance (2); 1st - cure light wounds (3), divine favor, protection from evil (D); 2nd - bull's strength, cure moderate wounds (2; D), spiritual weapon; 3rd - cure serious wounds (D), prayer, remove disease.
- Possessions: wood large shield, steel scale mail, masterwork dwarven waraxe, backpack, bedroll, healer's kit, pearl of power (2nd), pitons (10), waterskin, wooden holy symbol of Berronar, 436 gp, 9 sp.