Home Talk Contributions Archives Logs Handy Links
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Hello and welcome to my user page! :) I'm Zerak and a big fan of the Forgotten Realms. I don't play pen and paper much, but I like to read the novels and play the CRPGs like Neverwinter Nights and Baldur's Gate.
If you want to ask a question, or just say hello please do so :).
114. The Demilich only falls for getting stuffed in the bag of holding once.
From the list of things Mr. Welch can no longer do during an RPG (hilarious!).
2 3 4
Some rules for writing in English:
- Always avoid alliteration.
- Never use a long word when a diminutive one will do.
- Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
- Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
- Remember to never split an infinitive.
- Contractions aren't necessary.
- Foreign words and phrases are not apropos, French is passé.
- One should never generalize.
- Don’t be redundant; don’t use more words than necessary; it’s highly superfluous.
- Be more or less specific.
- One-word sentences? Eliminate.
- The passive voice is to be avoided.
- Even if a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.
- Who needs rhetorical questions?
- Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
- Don't never use no double negation.
- Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.
- And don’t start a sentence with a conjunction.
- A preposition is a terrible word to end a sentence with.
- Don’t overuse exclamation marks!!!!!!!
- Avoid trendy locutions that sound flaky.
- Last but not least, avoid cliches like the plague; they're old hat; seek viable alternatives.
- P.S.: Never use a P.S.
Realms of Shadow, The City of Splendors: A Waterdeep Novel, Blackstaff, Elminster: The Making of a Mage, Shadowbred, Twilight Falling, Unclean, Forsaken House, Farthest Reach, Final Gate, The Gossamer Plain, Shadowstorm Homeland Neversfall
Next to read: Realms of the Undead, Threat From the Sea,
Wanting to read: Godborn
"I'm going to play against type - I'll play a chaotic-evil Lolth-worshiping female drow!"
Category:Articles nominated for deletion
|| This user has 2,615 total edits.
|| This user is evil, and frequently says mwhahaha!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.