Vials were small glass containers that were used to hold liquids and powders. They could be used in laboratories to conduct experiments or to transport these substances.
A variety of vials were available for sale through Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue, along with matching corks and other laboratory glass containers produced in Urmlaspyr by the glass-blowers guild.
- Vials were essential in laboratories, and were also integral components of herbalism kits and poisoner's kits.
- Some healer's bags included several ceramic vials for the purpose of having clean water readily available.
- Travelers typically kept their spices inside of little glass vials, which were encased in whittled wooden 'shielding shells' to guard against breakage.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 148, 150, 153–154. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- Jeff Grubb, Julia Martin, Steven E. Schend et al (1992). Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue. (TSR, Inc), p. 40. ISBN 0-5607-6327-2.
- Tom Armstrong (February 1988). “Better Living Through Alchemy”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #130 (TSR, Inc.), p. 37.
- Grant Boucher, Troy Christensen, Jon Pickens, John Terra and Scott Davis (1991). Arms and Equipment Guide. (TSR, Inc.), p. 113. ISBN 1-56076-109-1.
- Ed Greenwood (07-13-2020). Spices When Traveling (Tweet). theedverse. Twitter. Archived from the original on 6-18-2021. Retrieved on 6-18-2021.