You hold in your hands the second travel guide penned by the insightful Volo. Following the awesome success of his guidebook to glorious Waterdeep, the wary wanderer has taken to the trails of the Savage Frontier, and this pouch-sized tome is the result. Most of the features and establishments of the North are here, ranked with the handy coin, dagger, pipe, and tankard rating system. Volo has experienced the worst so you don't have to. He's also found the best, so you need waste no time in discovering the best for yourself. Just heed this guidebook, and you can't go wrong.
- Where to find the best wine in all the North,
- The dark secret of the Weeping Witch of Amphail,
- The best place to buy boots north of Waterdeep,
- Where dwarves go to forge the best enchanted blades,
- Where to see drow maidens dance in the moonlight,
- The place where a god is said to sleep,
- Where mithral and magic lie unclaimed,
- Where the best hunting is, and where hunters become the hunted,
- How to get into Luskan without being noticed by the Arcane Brotherhood,
- And many more important details for travelers visiting the North!
Suitable for all levels of play.Special Note: This edition of Volo's Guide to the North, intended for travelers from beyond the borders of Faerûn, contains notes and commentary by the famous archmage and sage, Elminster.
Index[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Akrosz Ulvinhand • Borth Jhandelspar • Galarth Ultashund • Gothal • Halana Shauluth • Imbryl • Volothamp Geddarm
- Referenced only
- Elminster Aumar
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Ammakyl Flowers and Foods • Blodhlar's Wares • Eagleshield Fine Horse Leathers • Elboar's Finest • Halana Shauluth's • Imbryl's Cloaks • Maerlbar Eggs & Fresh Fowl • Pelost Galathaer's • Shrunedelar's Secrets • Ulvinhand smithy