|This article requires cleanup. Reason: Needs formatting (index), general cleanup.
Please discuss this issue on the talk page and improve it if you can. This article has been tagged since 22:18, May 19, 2020 (UTC).
This book is the third in the celebrated series of travel guides by Volothamp Geddarm. This book details settlements and attractions large and small, up and down the sword coast. It is written in Volo's trademark colorful and (unintentionally) humorous style.
Although this sourcebook was published under 2nd Edition AD&D rules it is still popular, as its content is more descriptive than technical.
Welcome to the latest in the popular series of guidebooks penned by Volothamp Geddarm. You hold in your hands an overview of the most important inns, taverns, shops, and tourist attractions in the western Heartlands, the coast of which is known as the Sword Coast. These lands begin south of fabled Waterdeep and the Savage Frontier, continue up to the northern borders of Amn, and reach east as far as the desert's edge and Tunland. This perilous region sees some of the heaviest caravan traffic in all the Realms. Every merchant who enters the lands of the Sword Coast should have a copy of this guide ready to hand. As usual, all features and establishments covered are ranked with Volo's handy coin, dagger, pipe, and tankard rating system.
- Where pirates go to drink the night away and plot which ships and ports they'll next strike at,
- The best craftsfolk of the Sword Coast,
- Where the best caravan masters can be found - and where they dare not go,
- Local legends and rumors of rich treasures not yet found and plundered,
- Haunted ruins and other places that must be seen - from a safe distance,
- Where mighty wizards and sword-swinging adventurers dwell,
- Dragon lairs - and the dwelling places of worse monsters!
Index[edit | edit source]
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Allya Macanester • Althune Dembrar • Alyth Elendara • Amaeraszantha • Amelior Amanitas • Asgar Tellendar • Aundegul Shawn • Barim Stagwinter • Belkin Orgul • Bentley Mirrorshade • Bransuldyn Mirrortor • Buldath Andryn • Chansrin Aluar • Darthleene • Dauravyn Redbeard • Delfen Ondabarl • Derval Ironeater • Emana Gortho • Felogyr Sonshal • Fulbar Hardcheese • Gellana Mirrorshade • Guldin Gallowgar • Halbazzer Drin • Ithtyl Calantryn • Janthool • Jhanadra Caseldown • Kelddath Ormlyr • Korbus Brightjewel • Krammoch Arkstaff • Larloch • Lonthalin Mintar • Myrin Silverspear • Nantrin Bellowglyn • Nethmoun Aln • Olbrimsur Thunderwood • Phiraz the Naturalist • Ragefast • Ramazith Flamesinger • Rhessajan Ambermantle • Shandalar • Sumbarl Ardusk • Taerom Fuiruim • Talessyr Tranth • Tathlosar Brimmerbold • Thalantyr the Conjurer • Theskul Mirroreye • Uluene Maertalar • Traskar Selarn • Ulmyn Andalor • Yajandra Dlathaero
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Organizations[edit | edit source]
- Council of Guilds (of Daggerford) • Cult of the Dragon • Dragoneye Dealing Coster • Harpers • Heralds of Faerûn • The Knights of Dragon Down • Lord Knights of the Backlands • Lords' Alliance • Red Wizards of Thay • Riders in Red Cloaks• Saern's Sharp Swords • Stag Warriors • Thousandheads Trading Coster • Traders' Council • Wagonmasters of the Rolling Wheel • Wildmen of the North • Zhentarim
- Referenced only
- Blue Sword Legion • Chosen of Mystra • Circle of Scythes • Clasped Hands • Dragon Daggers • Fellowship of the Dreaming Dragon • Flaming Fist • Free Traders (of Westgate) • Hardbuckler's Hurlers • The High Helms (of Trollclaw Ford) • Knights of the Unicorn • Men of Hammer Hall • Merchants' League • The Openers • Proud Pegasi • Red Shields
Magic[edit | edit source]
- Galdaeryn's Gage • Hand of Fury • Harvyn's Ring • Torc of the Titans
- wardmist • web of lightning
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Buildings & Structures
- Boareskyr Bridge • Darkhold • Durlag's Tower • Seatower of Balduran • Stone Eagle Lodge • Warlock's Crypt • Well of Dragons • Windstream Lodge • Zundbridge
- Businesses & Shops
- A Handful of Eyes • Alamather's by the Water • Andalor's Mill • Andher's Mill • Curios & Uniques • Belkin's Black Blade • Bent Bows • Costerheadshouse • Dawn of Any Day • Derval's Bright Blade • Droun Trading • Farrel's Fine Jewels and Apparel • Felogyr's Fireworks • Give Me Wings to Fly • Hall of Wonders • Julkoun's Old Mill • Knight in the Morn • Korbus's Jewels and Fine Ornaments • Lionstar Services • Ondraer's Fine Pages • Rolling Wheel Wagons • Samborl's Sundries-in-Trade • Shining River Mill • Sorcerous Sundries • Tantain's Barrel and Crates • Thunderhammer Smithy • Thunderwoof Forays • Torleth's Treasures • Trist's Saddles and Stables • Ungairmer's Bootery • Veloth's Fine Wagons & Repairs • Well-Dressed Wizards
- Baldur's Gate • Berdusk • Daggerford • Elturel • Evereska • Hill's Edge • Iriaebor • Scornubel
- Evereska Vale • Floshin Estates • Forest of Wyrms • Marsh of Chelimber • Reaching Woods
- Bowshot • Corm Orp • Friendly Arm • Gillian's Hill • Kheldrivver • Liam's Hold • Ulgoth's Beard • Qheldin's Mask
- Inns & Taverns
- The Bent Helm • Black Boar • Black Flagon • Blade and Stars • Blushing Mermaid • The Board Laid Bare • The Broken Goblet • Burning Wizard • Dancing Bear • Dusty Hoof • Elfsong Tavern • Far Anchor • Flourished Flagon • Gallowgar's Inn • Halfway Inn • Happy Cow • Hullybuck's Gamble • Hungry Halfling • Happy Hippocampus • Helm and Cloak • The Holdfast Inn • The Jaded Unicorn • Lady Luck Tavern • The Old Talking Ox • A Pair of Black Antlers • The Raging Lion • River Shining Tavern • The Running Stag • The Scarlet Stag • The Seven-Stringed Harp • The Silver Blade • Stone Saddle • Storm Griffin • The Tankard and Sheaf • The Tarnished Trumpet • The Wailing Wave • The Wandering Wyvern • Winding Way • Worried Wyvern
- Mountains & Hills
- Castle Hill • Greycloak Hills • Hill of Lost Souls • Moondark Hill • Serpent Hills • Skull Gorge • Sunset Mountains • Trielta Hills
- Backlands • Fields of the Dead • High Moor • Sunset Vale • Sword Coast
- Coast Way • Dusk Road • Red Shields Road • Skuldask Road • Stumblepost Trail • Uldoon Trail
- Backlands Castle • Black Abbey • Dragonspear Castle • Spellgard • Hammer Hall • Orogoth • Trollclaw Ford • Urdrath of the Horsemen
- Candlekeep • Cry of Joy • Evensong Tower • Fist of the Future • Golden Bowl of the Goddess • Grotto of the Queen • Harvest House • Healing House of Lathander • Helm's Shieldhall • High Altar of the Moon • High Harvest Home • High House of Wonders • Hold of Battle Lions • House of the Binder • House of the Guardian • House of the Suffering God • Inner Chamber • Ladyhouse • The Lady's Hall • Morninglow Tower • The Ready House of the Right Strong Hand • The Seat of Lore • The Shrine of the Short • Silent Hall • The Song of the Morning • The Temple of Wisdom • The Tower of Gold • The Water-Queen's House
- Towns & Villages
- Asbravn • Beregost • Drawn Swords • Fendarl's Gate • Gullykin • Hardbuckler • Hluthvar • Julkoun • Lathtarl's Lantern • Roaringshore • Secomber • Serpent's Cowl • Soubar • Tempus's Tears • Triel • Xonthal's Tower • Yarthrain
- Referenced only
- Athalantar • Chult • Counting House • Eldritch Ebony • Fallen Giant Tomb • Firewine Bridge • Flame Stone • Hammer of Kaerus • Maztica • Skullport • The Wood of Sharp Teeth • Waterdeep • Zazesspur
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|The New Adventures of Volo • Volo's Guide • Volo's Guide to Waterdeep • Volo's Guide to the North • Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast • Volo's Guide to Cormyr • Volo's Guide to the Dalelands • Volo's Guide to All Things Magical • Volo's Guide to BALDUR'S GATE II • Volo's Guide to Monsters|