Warhammer were a type of one-handed melee weapon.
Resembling a large, heavy sledge hammer (striking surfaces on either side of the head), the warhammer was originally adapted from the tools of laborers and craftsmen but is no longer suitable for anything but combat.
The warhammer was normally wielded one-handed and was considered a martial weapon that dealt bludgeoning damage.
- Wulfgar's preferred melee weapon.
- favored weapon of Gond
- Hammer of Tyr
- a holy relic
- Warhammers were favored by dwarves (especially those following Moradin), and clerics of Gond, Grumbar, and Istishia.
- Warhammers were considered the favored weapons of the gods Laduguer, Skoraeus Stonebones, Stronmaus, and Istishia.
- The Mines of Bloodstone
- Realms of Infamy, "A Matter of Thorns" • Sword Play • Dangerous Games • Mortal Consequences • The Thousand Orcs
- Video Games
- Menzoberranzan • Descent to Undermountain • Planescape: Torment • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance • Dungeons & Dragons: Eye of the Beholder • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II • Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms • Baldur's Gate III • Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance
- David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 68. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook v.3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 116, 121. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- Rob Heinsoo, Andy Collins, James Wyatt (June 2008). Player's Handbook 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 218. ISBN 0-7869-4867-1.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 149. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- David Noonan (May 2004). Complete Divine. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 124. ISBN 0-7869-3272-4.
- Richard Baker, Joseph D. Carriker, Jr., Jennifer Clarke Wilkes (August 2005). Stormwrack. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 49. ISBN 07-8692-873-5.