Warrior's Rest, also known as Knight's Rest, was a divine realm in Limbo according to the Great Wheel cosmology and a Neutral Plane in the World Tree cosmology of Toril. With perhaps the most misleading title in the whole cosmology, the theme of Warrior's Rest was battle, and each petitioner had no constant loyalty to a deity. When a petitioner was slain in combat during one of the endless chaotic battles, he or she rose again on the team that brought him or her down.
The terrain of Warrior's Rest was similar to rocky badlands on the Prime Material plane. However, the nearby terrain could be manipulated by the will of those with sufficient wisdom to provide cover and other tactical advantages for battle.
The petitioners of Warrior's rest included soldiers, generals, strategists, barbarians, an many other combat oriented individuals. They appeared as they did in the prime of their lives and in the peak of their physical shape, glowing with health. All sought union with their deity through participation in the great wars, and so were granted extraordinary resilience to acid, fire, cold, and electricity damage, as well as regenerative powers.
- Lady Doom placed Blood Tor, her black granite tower, atop a high peak overlooking the sea. The blood of accident victims spilled from the mouth of a stag's head statue near the top of the structure. The saints of her faith, the Lysinterai, wreaked endless havok across the plane.
- The Reaver declared that whatever region he happened to be currently in is his own realm called Battle Garde.
- Red Knight
- The Lady of Strategy built a fortress called Red Tower in Warrior's Rest. It was a permanent feature of the plane. The realm and a surrounding radius of 1 mi (1.6 km) could not be manipulated by any creature except by Tempus.
- While the entire plane of Warrior's Rest was considered the realm of The Lord of Battles, he allowed the other deities who resided here to shape the plane how they wished. He could easily undo anything they had done.
- According to the World Tree Cosmology, The Battle Father resided in the colder regions of Warrior's Rest which he called Uthgardtheim. This realm was only as cold as a normal winter in the northern regions of Faerûn.
- Safe Harbor, the realm of the Captain of the Waves, was the only realm separate from the others. His was a placid sea of saltwater that separated the rocky battlefield deserts from the a larger expanse of water where the naval battles were waged.
Access to Warrior's RestEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Colin McComb (1996). On Hallowed Ground. Edited by Ray Vallese. (TSR, Inc), p. 181. ISBN 0-7869-0430-5.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Julia Martin, Eric L. Boyd (March 1996). Faiths & Avatars. (TSR, Inc), p. 158. ISBN 978-0786903849.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Richard Baker, James Wyatt (March 2004). Player's Guide to Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 163–164. ISBN 0-7869-3134-5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Bruce R. Cordell, Ed Greenwood, Chris Sims (August 2008). Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 65. ISBN 978-0-7869-4924-3.
Prime Material plane • Feywild • Shadowfell
Transitive Planes: Astral Plane • Ethereal plane
Inner Planes: Elemental Plane of Air • Elemental Plane of Water • Elemental Plane of Earth • Elemental Plane of Fire • Elemental Chaos
Para-Elemental Planes: Frostfell • Swamp of Oblivion • Fountains of Creation • Great Conflagration
Quasi-Elemental Planes: Lightning • Radiance • Minerals • Steam • Vacuum • Ash • Dust • Salt
Outer Planes: Arcadia • Mount Celestia • Bytopia • Elysium • Beastlands • Arborea • Ysgard • Limbo •
Pandemonium • Abyss (Layers) • Carceri • Hades • Gehenna • Nine Hells • Acheron • Mechanus
Energy planes: Positive Energy plane • Negative Energy plane
Prime Material plane • Cynosure • Fugue Plane
Transitive Planes: Astral Plane • Ethereal plane • Plane of Shadow
Celestial Outer Planes: Arvandor • Brightwater • Dwarfhome • Dweomerheart • Gates of the Moon • Golden Hills • Green Fields • House of Knowledge • House of the Triad
Fiendish Outer Planes: Abyss (Layers) • Barrens of Doom and Despair • Blood Rift • Clangor • Deep Caverns • Demonweb Pits • Fated Depths • Fury's Heart • Hammergrim • Nine Hells • Nishrek • Supreme Throne
Neutral Outer Planes: Dragon Eyrie • Heliopolis • House of Nature • Jotunheim • Warrior's Rest
Inner Planes: Elemental Plane of Air • Elemental Plane of Earth • Elemental Plane of Fire • Elemental Plane of Water • Positive Energy plane • Negative Energy plane
Prime Material plane
Fundamental planes: Astral Sea • Elemental Chaos
Astral dominions: Arvandor • Banehold • Celestia • Cynosure • Deep Wilds • Demonweb Pits • Dismal Caverns • Dwarfhome • Eternal Sun • Fugue Plane • Gates of the Moon • Green Fields • House of Knowledge • Nine Hells • Nishrek • Supreme Throne • Towers of Night • Tu'narath • Warrior's Rest
Elemental realms: Abyss (Layers) • City of Brass • Cresting Spires • Fimbulwinter • Hidden Realm • Muspelheim • Root Hold • Sky Home • Steading • Throator • Undying Pyre • Zerthadlun
Parallel planes: Feywild • Shadowfell
Anomalous planes: Far Realm