The upper half of a water weird typically appeared like a beautiful, translucent, blue female humanoid composed entirely of water, but the lower half could appear serpentine or like a column of water rising from the pool.
Water weirds fed off the essence of other creatures, though how was unknown.
Due to their bodies being composed entirely of water, fire-based spells were ineffective against them while cold-based spells would slow their movement. The spell purify water was also known to be very deadly towards them.
Water weirds generally fought by striking out at their opponents with their serpentine form, paralyzing them. They would then drag the opponent into the water and attempt to drown them.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- Beneath the Fetid Chelimber
- Boltsmelter's Book
- Dungeon #33: "Mad Gyoji"
- Dungeon #70: "Ssscaly Thingsss"
- Foulness Beneath Mulmaster
- Mulmaster Undone
- Out of the Abyss
- The Drowned Tower
- Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage
- Card Games
- Video games
- Eye of the Beholder III: Assault on Myth Drannor
- Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
- Warriors of Waterdeep
- Michael Trice (September 2006). “The Ecology of the Elemental Weird”. In Erik Mona ed. Dragon #347 (Paizo Publishing, LLC), p. 66–71.
- Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford, Christopher Perkins (2014-09-30). Monster Manual 5th edition. Edited by Scott Fitzgerald Gray. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 299. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- Ed Bonny, Jeff Grubb, Rich Redman, Skip Williams, and Steve Winter (September 2002). Monster Manual II 3rd edition. (TSR, Inc), pp. 90–93. ISBN 07-8692-873-5.
- Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 104. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 100. ISBN 0-935696-00-8.
- Monte Cook and William W. Connors (December 7, 1998). The Inner Planes. Edited by Michele Carter and Ray Vallese. (TSR, Inc.), p. 54. ISBN 0-7869-0736-3.
- Douglas Niles (November 1987). Moonshae. Edited by Mike Breault. (TSR, Inc.), p. 19. ISBN 0-88038-494-8.
- Wolfgang Baur (November 1993). Secrets of the Lamp. Genie Lore. (TSR, Inc.), p. 32. ISBN 978-1560766476.