The spell created a curtain of wind, 2 feet (0.6 meters) thick and at least 150 feet (46 meters) long, or more for more experienced or capable casters. It stood vertically, but could otherwise take any continuous path, such as rectangular or cylindrical to protect the area inside. It lasted at least half a minute, or longer with experience. It was invisible, very sturdy, and comprised a roaring gust of wind.
This could blow away flying creatures smaller than eagles, preventing them passing through the barrier. It could whip papers and such from a person's hand if they were unprepared, and loose items and clothes were propelled upward. It blocked gases, creatures with gaseous forms (but not incorporeal creatures), and many kinds of gaseous breath weapons entirely. It deflected arrows and bolts upward, while heavier ranged weapons had a 1/3rd greater chance of missing; hurled boulders, siege-engine projectiles, and so on were of course too heavy.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 22, 24, 26. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 207–211, 288. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 61. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 184, 185, 190, 192, 193, 302. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ David "Zeb" Cook (August 1989). Player's Handbook (2nd edition). (TSR, Inc.), p. 154. ISBN 0-88038-716-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 183. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Jeff Grubb and Andria Hayday (April 1992). Arabian Adventures. (TSR, Inc), p. 152. ISBN 978-1560763581.
- ↑ slade, James Butler (November 1996). Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril). (TSR, Inc.), pp. 121–123. ISBN 0-7869-0437-2.
- ↑ R.A. Salvatore (August 2008). Passage to Dawn. (Wizards of the Coast). ISBN 978-0786949113.