A wraith was an undead creature born of evil and darkness, despising light and all living things. They could drain the life from living creatures, turning them into new wraiths upon death. Wraiths were powerless in natural sunlight, appearing as a sinister, spectral figure robed in darkness. They had no visual features or appendages, except for their glowing red eyes.
|“||“Death,” said a shape that had assumed Brenna’s form. The thing’s haunting tones seemed at once to come from behind and in front of her. “We are death shrouded in darkness. Sweet, sweet darkness.” The thing laughed again, the sound echoing in the night until it finally receded like a tide. “Sweet death,” another of the strange creatures echoed. Then another and another took up the phrase until the words blended together and sounded like a swarm of insects.||”|
- Computer Games
- Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
- Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
- Icewind Dale
- Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms
- Eye of the Beholder III: Assault on Myth Drannor
- Pool of Radiance
- Pools of Darkness
- Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace
- Treasures of the Savage Frontier
- Tom Moldvay (October 1993). “Beyond the Grave”. In Roger E. Moore ed. Dragon #198 (TSR, Inc.), pp. 20–29;39.
- Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 258. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 302. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 266. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook (July 2003). Monster Manual 3.5. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 257–258. ISBN 0-7869-2893-X.
- ↑ Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 365. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (December 1977). Monster Manual, 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 102. ISBN 0-9356-9600-8.
- ↑ Jean Rabe (1991). Red Magic. (TSR, Inc.), p. 231. ISBN 1-5607-6118-0.
- ↑ Eric L. Boyd (1997). Powers and Pantheons. (TSR, Inc), p. 81. ISBN 0-7869-0657-X.
- ↑ Christopher Perkins, Adam Lee, Richard Whitters (September 1, 2015). Out of the Abyss. Edited by Jeremy Crawford. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 37–38. ISBN 978-0-7869-6581-6.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.