Assembled here for the first time is new information on adventurers of every stripe. In addition, you'll find valuable advice for those of nefarious intent who must deal with such meddling do-gooders, including the Xanathar's personal thoughts on how to dispatch anyone foolish enough to interfere with his business dealings. Alongside observations on "heroes" themselves, the beholder fills the pages of this tome with his personal thoughts on tricks, traps, and even treasures and how they can be put to villainous use.
- Complete rules for more than twenty new subclasses for fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons, including the cavalier, the inquisitive, the horizon walker, and many more.
- Dozens of new feats and spells, and a system to give your character a unique, randomized backstory.
- A variety of systems and tools that provide Dungeon Masters new ways to personalize their home games, while also expanding the ways players can engage in organized play and shared world campaigns.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but evil is in its heart!
Waterdeep's most infamous crime lord, and a beholder to boot…
You'd be shocked to discover just how much he knows about you…Yes, you… adventurers.
The beholder Xanathar. Waterdeep's most inifamous crime lord, is known to hoard information on friend and foe alike. He catalogs lore about adventurers and ponders methods to thwart them. His twisted mind imagines that he can eventually record everything!
Assembled here for the first time are a set of new rules and story options for all the character classes in the Player's Handbook, including over twenty-five new subclasses. The book also presents new spells for both player characters and monsters.
Dungeon Masters will find new rules for traps, magic items, downtime activities, and more—all designed to enhance a D&D campaign and push it in new directions.Amid all this expansion material, the Xanathar offers bizarre observations about whatever his eyestalks happen to glimpse. Pray they don't come to rest on you!
- Chapter 1: Character Options
- Chapter 2: Dungeon Master's Tools
- Chapter 3: Spells
- Appendix A: Shared Campaigns
- Appendix B: Character Names
- armor of gleaming • bead of nourishment • bead of refreshment • boots of false tracks • candle of the deep • cast-off armor • charlatan's die • cloak of billowing • cloak of many fashions • clockwork amulet • clothes of mending • dark shard amulet • dread helm • ear horn of hearing • enduring spellbook • ersatz eye • hat of vermin • hat of wizardry • Heward's handy spice pouch • horn of silent alarm • instrument of illusions • instrument of scribing • lock of trickery • moon-touched sword • mystery key • orb of direction • orb of time • perfume of bewitching • pipe of smoke monsters • pole of angling • pole of collapsing • pot of awakening • rope of mending • ruby of the war mage • shield of expression • smoldering armor • staff of adornment • staff of birdcalls • staff of flowers • talking doll • tankard of sobriety • unbreakable arrow • veteran's cane • walloping ammunition • wand of conducting • wand of pyrotechnics • wand of scowls • wand of smiles
- Abi-Dalzim's horrid wilting • absorb elements • Aganazzar's scorcher • beast bond • bones of the earth • catapult • catnap • cause fear • ceremony • chaos bolt • charm monster • control flames • control winds • create bonfire • create homunculus • crown of stars • danse macabre • dawn • dragon's breath • druid grove • dust devil • Earth tremor • earthbind • elemental bane • enemies abound • enervation • erupting earth • far step • find greater steed • flame arrows • frostbite • guardian of nature • gust • healing spirit • holy weapon • ice knife • illusory dragon • immolation • infernal calling • infestation • investiture of flame • investiture of ice • investiture of stone • investiture of wind • invulnerability • life transference • maddening darkness • maelstrom • magic stone • mass polymorph • Maximilian's earthen grasp • Melf's minute meteors • mental prison • mighty fortress • mind spike • mold earth • negative energy flood • power word, pain • primal savagery • primordial ward • psychic scream • pyrotechnics • scatter • shadow blade • shadow of Moil • shape water • sickening radiance • skill empowerment • skywrite • snare • Snilloc's snowball swarm • soul cage • steel wind strike • storm sphere • summon greater demon • summon lesser demons • synaptic static • temple of the gods • Tenser's transformation • thunder step • thunderclap • tidal wave • tiny servant • toll the dead • transmute rock • vitriolic sphere • wall of light • wall of sand • wall of water • warding wind • watery sphere • whirlwind • word of radiance • wrath of nature • zephyr strike
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the following links do not necessarily represent the views of the editors of this wiki, nor does any lore presented necessarily adhere to established canon.
- Rory Bristol (2018-05-27). Watcher and Manipulator-Xanathar and Mordenkainen's D&D Updates - GeekDad. Retrieved on 2019-01-15.
- Gavin Sheehan (2017-11-21). Expanding Your Horizons: We Review 'Xanathar's Guide To Everything'. Retrieved on 2019-01-15.