After the enclave was formed, Netherese citizens traveled en masse to live high above those they deemed lesser than themselves. As a result because of this, Xinlenal became quite overpopulated.
Law and Order Edit
As the first of the Netherese enclaves, Xinlenal became a model for all future floating cities within the empire. Each enclave was given laws by its archwizard. Xinlenal's laws formed the outline for those of the other arcanists.
- Espionage: Anyone found guilty of stealing magic tomes, research notes, or any other magical item was sentenced to death by magic.
- Murder: Anyone found guilty of murdering an arcanist were given to the arcane colleges to be used for "magical testing;" otherwise, a murderer would be sentenced to death by magic.
- Theft: Anyone found guilty of theft would return the item stolen and was sentenced to death by magic followed by a resurrection.
- Miscellaneous: Anyone found guilty of rape, breaking contracts, public drunkeness and the like would be punished means detailed by offended party.
It was created in −2954 DR by the archwizard Ioulaum, sixty years after he had invented the mythallar. The creation of Xinlenal led many other powerful mages of Netheril to create flying enclaves of their own, in effect splitting the nation into two, High and Low Netheril.
In the Year of Sundered Webs, −339 DR, Ioulaum suddenly and mysteriously abandoned his enclave for his lair in the Northdark. The sudden disappearance of their great champion caused wide-spread panic in Netheril, leading to the casting of Karsus's Avatar and the end of the Empire of Magic.
|This article is incomplete. You can help the Forgotten Realms Wiki by providing more information.|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Brian R. James and Ed Greenwood (September, 2007). The Grand History of the Realms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 29. ISBN 978-0-7869-4731-7.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 97. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.
- ↑ Richard Baker, Ed Bonny, Travis Stout (February 2005). Lost Empires of Faerûn. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 98. ISBN 0-7869-3654-1.
|Flying enclaves||Akintaer • Aquessir • Anauria • Asram • Delia • Doubloon • Eileanar • Hlaungadath • Hlondath • Jethaere • Jiksidur • Jockteleg • Kolthunral • Lathery • Lhaoda • Maunator • Negarath • Nhalloth • Orbedal • Palter • Phylornel • Spiel • Sakkors • Opus • Synod • Tanathras • Thultanthar • Tith Tilendrothael • Undrentide • Xinlenal|
|Other enclaves||Cuulmath • Farenwey • Quaeluuvis • Quesseer • Sargauth • Werapan|