With their almost completely serpentine form and vaguely humanoid arms able to use weapons and tools, abominations were the form of yuan-ti that most closely resembled the originally intended appearance of the yuan-ti race as envisioned by the serpent gods.
Abominations often used scimitars in melee combat. They also attacked using their fangs, delivering a powerful poison. Abominations did not wear armor for their scales were more than enough to protect them.
Abominations were able to change their form into a viper of various sizes. They also had the ability to camouflage themselves and anything they carried to blend in with their surroundings. During melee combat, while holding onto an enemy, abominations could excrete a powerful acid from their skin. Abominations were capable of causing fear of snakes to any creature within 30 ft (9.1 m).
- Polyhedron #41: "Wedding Party: An AD&D Oriental Game Adventure" • Dungeon #69: "Slave Vats of the Yuan-ti" • The Rise of Tiamat • Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage
- Venom in Her Veins
- Video Games
- Icewind Dale • Icewind Dale II • Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms
- Organized Play & Licensed Adventures
- Peril at the Port • In Search of Secrets • Fathomless Pits of Ill Intent
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet and Monte Cook (October 2000). Monster Manual 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 190. ISBN 0-7869-1552-1.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Doug Stewart (June 1993). Monstrous Manual. (TSR, Inc), p. 369. ISBN 1-5607-6619-0.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Wizards RPG Team (2014). Monster Manual 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 308. ISBN 978-0786965614.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Mike Mearls, Stephen Schubert, James Wyatt (June 2008). Monster Manual 4th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 270. ISBN 978-0-7869-4852-9.
- ↑ Gary Gygax (August 1983). Monster Manual II 1st edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 130. ISBN 0-88038-031-4.
- ↑ Skip Williams, Jonathan Tweet and Monte Cook (October 2000). Monster Manual 3rd edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 191. ISBN 0-7869-1552-1.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Wizards RPG Team (2016). Volo's Guide to Monsters. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 95, 202. ISBN 978-0786966011.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood, Eric L. Boyd, Darrin Drader (July 2004). Serpent Kingdoms. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 21. ISBN 0-7869-3277-5.