For a few minutes, an area designated by the caster became a zone in which lies could not be told. Creatures within the area knew they were being compelled to not speak falsehoods, and could resist the spell, but those who could not resist could not lie for the duration of the spell. Affected creatures were not compelled to tell the truth; they could remain silent or evade questions as long as they were truthful.
Depending on which version was being cast, the area of effect was either a square with sides as big as 5 ft (1.5 m) or more according to the power of the caster, or a 20-ft-radius (6.1 m) sphere.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 James Wyatt, Jeremy Crawford (November 2018). Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica. Edited by Jeremy Crawford, et al. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 25–26. ISBN 978-0-7869-6659-2.
- ↑ Mike Mearls, Jeremy Crawford (2014). Player's Handbook 5th edition. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 86, 207–208, 289. ISBN 978-0-7869-6560-1.
- ↑ Jeremy Crawford, Mike Mearls, Robert J. Schwalb, Adam Lee, Christopher Perkins, Matt Sernett (November 2017). Xanathar's Guide to Everything. Edited by Kim Mohan. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 43. ISBN 978-0-7869-6612-7.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Jonathan Tweet, Monte Cook, Skip Williams (July 2003). Player's Handbook 3.5 edition. (Wizards of the Coast), p. 303. ISBN 0-7869-2886-7.
- ↑ James Wyatt, Darrin Drader, Christopher Perkins (October 2003). Book of Exalted Deeds. (TSR, Inc), p. 55. ISBN 0-7869-3136-1.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Cook, Findley, Herring, Kubasik, Sargent, Swan (1991). Tome of Magic 2nd edition. (TSR, Inc), p. 62. ISBN 1-56076-107-5.
- ↑ Richard Baker (1996). Player's Option: Spells & Magic. (TSR, Inc), p. 188. ISBN 0-7869-0394-5.
- ↑ Ed Greenwood and Doug Stewart (1997). Prayers from the Faithful. (Wizards of the Coast), pp. 9–10. ISBN 0-7869-0682-0.